Hunger hormones? I would like to briefly mention some hormones (we will call hunger hormones for simplicities sake) that basically tell your brain how much your eating and what your body fat levels are. These hormones include insulin, leptin, ghrelin, peptide YY, neuropeptide Y (NPY), cortico-tropin releasing … Continue reading
Carb cravings?!? I don’t know about you but I know how the weather changes affect my moods, cravings are wild and so is the mood. Due to our seasons change, weather plays on our moods & will be affected, serotonin levels need to be finding its balance as well as melatonin levels at the end of our day. During this change some may experience moods, foods and rollercoaster rides! Life will always have its stresses, but dealing with stress in a healthful, nutritional way can have a positive impact on self-esteem, energy level, emotional outlook, and weight. There are a number of positive ways to deal with cravings, including:
- Start the day off with breakfast, which helps prevent overwhelming hunger later in the day.
- Eliminate feelings of guilt related to labeling food as either good or bad. Some choices are healthier than others, but snacks and treats can be consumed in reasonable amounts.
- Plan ahead for each new week. Think about one’s school, work, and activity schedule and how healthful snacks can be incorporated into it.
- Keep healthful snacks close at hand, both at home and at work.
- Try not to go for long periods of time without eating.
- Combine lean protein foods with high-fiber carbohydrate sources to provide energy that lasts for several hours
- Cravings can be the exception instead of the rule when it comes to one’s diet. Developing a lifestyle that includes healthful food selections and regular meals and snacks can help control cravings. The extra time it takes in planning meals or snacks, whether eating at home or eating on the run, is easily made up for in increased energy and improved mood. I write in full detail in my book how to conquer the cravings in my book, emotions are directly related to food as we know this roots from your bio-chemistry, let me become your combat to help you rid this daunting process of carb recovery with all my “Dirty Diet Secrets”
Trust me I reveal way to much…